20mins: Clean (average weight)
*Partners have 20mins to lift and score their average weight lifted between the two of them.
1. Partners may take as many attempts each lift for as many sets as they want, but the final set they perform will be the one scored.
2. Partners may only perform a maximum of 3 reps of the clean in each set, but may attempt this as many times as possible in the 20mins.
3. Scoring is averaging the total weight lifted by both partners for the number of reps, e.g.: Partner A – 135# for 2 reps; Partner B – 225# for 1 rep. This is a total of 495# in 3 reps, which equals an average of 165#.
4. The strategy is in deciding if it would be best for each partner to go for their 1-rep, 2-rep, or 3-rep max weight in an effort to gain the highest score possible.
5. This is what some would call a “squat” clean. In order for you to reach your max weight, it will require you to catch it low. Do not perform a power clean.
200m Sprint / Max Reps Push-Press – 115/75
20 One-arm Dumbbell/Kettlebell Snatches – 60/35
*Partner A will sprint the 200 meters while Partner B performs as many reps of Push Press as possible. When Partner A completes the sprint, both partners will each perform 20 One-arm Snatches simultaneously. Once both partners have completed the snatches, they will repeat the cycle for as many rounds as possible with the same partners doing the same movements. If partners wish to swap the run/push-press, they must perform 8 burpees before they can alternate; otherwise, Partner A will always do the sprint, Partner B will always do the push-presses.